Winter 2022 (through Feb. 14th, 2022) — the hostel is closed BUT you can rent the whole downstairs hostel unit as “air bnb” style! For hostel info – see further down this post.
To support us, see bottom of this post.
Winter Rental Details:
Though hostel is closed in the winter, the whole downstairs apartment unit is available for rent through us directly! Here’s the details:
- 2 night minimum
- $125 per night (venmo, paypal or cash only) paid upon your arrival
- Price includes whole downstairs private apartment (4 single twin beds, bathroom, washer & dryer, full kitchen and living room, and parking space for 2 cars). A 5th person could sleep on the couch.
- Does NOT include breakfast or shuttles
- Check in 2 pm
- To check availability and reserve: (text 715-315-0876 or email ChicaSunsets@yahoo.com)
- Available from until Feb. 14th
- Our hostel is located 14 miles from the Appalachian Trail, and just outside of town. Though Franklin is small, it offers a variety of outfitters, restaurants and grocery stores and a super cute downtown main street. Come and enjoy Franklin this winter!
We are Chica & Sunsets. We thru-hiked the AT in 2017 (and since then have hiked the Camino de Santiago, Bartram, Colorado and Ice Age Trails). We first opened our hostel in the spring of 2020 and are located in Franklin, NC, mile 110 approx. of the AT (Winding Stair Gap).
Our hostel will be open Feb. 15th, 2022. Our model is a bit different than others in that we have chosen to prioritize comfort and space over higher capacity. The hostel is co-ed and holds 4 people max (2 bedrooms that contain 2 twin beds each — no bunks!). Our charge is $50 + tax per bed and is all inclusive — this includes laundry with loaner clothes, pick up & drop off at Winding Stair Gap (or Rock Gap), full kitchen and living room, shuttle to town for resupply (with options to visit Lazy Hiker Brewery and Outdoor 76 Outfitter) and continental breakfast. We also have good wifi and a stamp for the AT passport! Check in 11 am; cash, Venmo or PayPal accepted.
A few other details:
- We love animals, but for various reasons do not allow pets.
- We cannot accommodate additional hikers for hammocking or tenting (our car only allows for 4 passengers at a time).
- If you want a private room it’s $100 + tax (with two twin beds); otherwise price for one twin bed is $50 + tax (in a shared room). There are two bedrooms with two twin beds in each room.
We are in the 2022 A.T. Guide (“Awol’s Guide”) and the Guthooks app. We take reservations 1-2 days prior to arrival in thru-hiker season (all other times we can take reservations further out). Text 715-315-0876 or email ChicaSunsets@yahoo.com to reserve a spot.