5-day / 50-Mile Fall Slack-Pack Special
Hike with Chica or Sunsets for 5 days on the Appalachian Trail in Georgia and North Carolina, with a hot shower, laundry and a bed to sleep in every night! Mileage ranges from 7.7 miles to 13 miles. Chica and Sunsets have 5,000 miles of thru-hiking experience each, and with our group size being very limited, you will have plenty of personalized one-on-one time to ask any questions. Our trips require extreme physical endurance as the Appalachian Trail has some hard terrain with severe elevation gain and loss. It is highly recommended that a training regime be implemented prior to arrival.
- 5 days of hiking by slack-pack on the Appalachian Trail with Chica or Sunsets
- 5 days of transportation/shuttle service (each morning and each evening) to and from the trail
- 6 nights accommodations at Chica & Sunsets Hostel*
- 6 continental breakfasts
- All taxes
*Chica & Sunsets Hostel accommodations include: self-service laundry, full kitchen, hot showers, non-bunk single beds (2 beds per room), living room with massage chair, super-fast WiFi, continental breakfast each morning.
- Day 1 – Arrive at Chica & Sunsets Hostel and check in
- Day 2 – Deep Gap – Mooney Gap 13 miles
- Day 3 – Mooney Gap – Rock Gap 7.7 miles
- Day 4 – Rock Gap – Wayah Gap 9.6 miles
- Day 5 – Wayah Gap – Burningtown Gap 8.7 miles
- Day 6 – Burningtown Gap – NOC (Natahala Outdoor Center) 12.9 miles
- Day 7 – After breakfast, checkout and you are on your way home!
Price does NOT include:
- Transportation to/from Chica & Sunsets hostel (we have plenty of spots for parking if you come by car).
- Lunch or dinner (we are just a 1 mile outside of town where there are restaurants and a grocery store; hostel has a full kitchen for your use).
- Gear to hike each day (though we do have small daypacks if needed)
Price: $1,000 per person
10/21/22 Friday (arrive) – 10/27/22 (depart) SOLD OUT 11/11/22 Friday (arrive) – 11/17/22 Thursday (depart) SOLD OUT
Email or Text us for availability/reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or text 715-315-0876.
If you have 4 people in your group or want a customized hike, please contact us.