5-day / 50-Mile Fall Slack-Pack Special – 2024
up to 4 people
Hike for 5 days on the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina, with a hot shower, laundry and a bed to sleep in every night! Mileage ranges from 7.7 miles to 13 miles and you will cover 52 consecutive miles on the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina. Chica and Sunsets have over 5,000 miles of thru-hiking experience each, and you will have plenty of time to ask any questions at breakfast or during shuttles.
PLEASE READ: Our trips require extreme physical endurance as the Appalachian Trail has some hard terrain with severe elevation gain and loss. It is highly recommended that a training regime be implemented prior to arrival. A good barometer is to have a sustained pace of 1.5 mph or faster, for up to 8 hrs/day in mountainous terrain.
- 5 days of hiking by slack-pack (tiny daypack only) on the Appalachian Trail
- 5 days of transportation/shuttle service (each morning and each evening) to and from the trail
- 6 nights accommodations at Chica & Sunsets Hostel*
- 6 continental breakfasts
- All taxes
*Chica & Sunsets Hostel accommodations include: self-service laundry, full kitchen, hot showers, non-bunk single beds (2 twin beds per room), living room with massage chair, super-fast WiFi, continental breakfast each morning. If you do not have a car here, we also will shuttle you to town and back each evening or as needed for restaurants and grocery stores.
- Day 1 – Arrive at Chica & Sunsets Hostel and check in
- Day 2 – Deep Gap (50 min drive) – Mooney Gap (60 min drive) 13 miles
- Day 3 – Mooney Gap (60 min drive) – Rock Gap (25 min drive) 7.7 miles
- Day 4 – Rock Gap (25 min drive) – Wayah Gap (30 min drive) 9.6 miles
- Day 5 – Wayah Gap (30 min drive) – Burningtown Gap (60 min drive) 8.7 miles
- Day 6 – Burningtown Gap (60 min drive) – NOC (Natahala Outdoor Center) (45 min drive) 12.9 miles
- Day 7 – After breakfast, checkout and you are on your way home!
Price does NOT include:
- Transportation to/from Chica & Sunsets hostel (we have plenty of spots for parking if you come by car). If you need a shuttle from the airport please contact us for pricing.
- Lunch or dinner (we are just a 1 mile outside of town where there are restaurants and a grocery store; hostel has a full kitchen for your use).
- Gear to hike each day (though we do have small daypacks if needed)
Price is $2400 for up to 4 people (so if you have 4 people, $600 per person), this will be for the whole hostel – contact us for the fall dates you’d like to reserve.
Email or Text us for availability/reservations: email@example.com or text 715-315-0876.