Hostel is available this winter as a whole unit rental – holds up to 4 people. $125 cash or contact us for longer-term pricing (does not include shuttles).
Winter Rental Details:
- $125 per night, cash only – paid upon your arrival
- Price includes whole downstairs private apartment (4 single twin beds, bathroom, washer & dryer, full kitchen and living room, and parking space for 2 cars
- Check in 2 pm, Check out 11 am
- Does NOT include shuttles or breakfast (shuttles could be added for extra)
- To check availability and reserve: (text 715-315-0876 or email ChicaSunsets@yahoo.com)
We are Chica & Sunsets. We thru-hiked the AT in 2017 (and since then have thru-hiked several other trails). We first opened our hostel in the spring of 2020 and are located in Franklin, NC, mile 110 approx. of the AT (Winding Stair Gap).
Our hostel will re-open for hikers on Feb. 1st, 2024 (by the bed). Our model is a bit different than others in that we have chosen to prioritize comfort and space over higher capacity. The hostel is co-ed and holds 4 people max (2 bedrooms that contain 2 twin beds each — no bunks!). Our charge is $55 + tax per bed (total comes to $62) and is all inclusive — this includes laundry with loaner clothes, pick up & drop off at Winding Stair Gap (or Rock Gap), full kitchen and living room, and shuttle to town for resupply (with options to visit Lazy Hiker Brewery and Outdoor 76 Outfitter). We also have good wifi and a stamp for the AT passport! Check in 12 noon, checkout 8:30 am. Cash, Venmo or PayPal accepted.
A few other details:
- We love animals, but for various reasons do not allow pets.
- We cannot accommodate additional hikers for hammocking or tenting (our car only allows for 4 passengers at a time).
We are in the 2024 A.T. Guide (“Awol’s Guide”) and the FarOut app. We take reservations in advance in thru-hiker season. Text 715-315-0876 or email ChicaSunsets@yahoo.com to reserve a spot.